Friday, August 25, 2017

Scribbles From My Scrap Studio – August 2017




August 25?  Already!  Summer is about done.  Traditionally, August is back to school time around here.  And in part because my daughter is back at school, I have had time to get back in the studio.  I have hardly been in the studio at all this summer, and I have missed it.  Few layouts were created this summer, although at the end of July, I managed a few page bases and a few project life spreads.  I have rather belatedly put together some kits from the fabulous summer inspiration here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.

First up is the lovely Willow Kit from Felicity Jane that we used for our June inspiration.  I loved the wispy sweet look of this kit and had no trouble at all compiling something of my own.

willowbyfjfjwillowkit

My kit is based on 6 x 6 papers – the Iron Orchid collection from Creative Imaginations.  I had a matching stamp set for it (bottom left) and chose some girl stamps sets too – all from Unity Stamp Co. I am not yet sure if I will being using this for layouts or cards, but the possibilities are fun to ponder until I have time to create.  I think this needs a name like Will–o'–the–wisp.

wispypaperswispykit
CKC15-001

And then there was the Cocoa Daisy Walden kit from 2016 that was the July inspiration kit.  I used their Day In The Life kit as the basis for one of my own, which I am calling The Good Life.
 
2016-DITL-cards-for-storejuly2017ckckit
20170714_061800kit

Initially, I had even more cards than this and then whittled it down to fit in the tray.  I will admit to being 6 or more weeks behind on Project Life, but given that it only takes me an hour or so to complete each week, I am not yet worried.  I like the idea of storing my kit in one of those muslin bags, of which I am sure I have at least half a dozen, until I can get around to using it.

And then there was the August inspiration kit, based on a recent Gossamer Blue kit.  Again, I took a peek at their pocket page kit as well as the scrapbook kit to draw inspiration.

July17GBkits

The bold colors and simplicity of these kits inspired me to try my hand at a small kit.  I started with a small blue/tan Dude page kit from Paper Loft and added in orange, green and white paper as well as all the embellishments.  I should get some fun pages from this one.

20170715_125358

So there you have it, I am caught up on making kits.  Just like it takes a few weeks to get back into the swing of a new school year, it will take me a few weeks to get back into the swing of utilizing kits too.  Taking it in baby steps, I hope to get a few finished projects posted to my Facebook page before it is time to scribble down some scrappy thoughts in September. (How is that for a wishy-washy quasi-scrappy commitment?)

In the meantime, the takeaway from this month’s scribbles should be that, when the Good Life you are living keeps you too busy to scrap, do not despair. It is never too late to make up a kit based on a prior month’s inspiration.


In fact, not only will you have the kits to inspire you, but the rest of the design team and your fellow counterfeiters will have provided additional ideas using their own counterfeit kits.

Check out the linky tab above (or click here), where you can find more than 2 years worth of finished project links. Because not everyone is as behind as S on using those kits they have compiled, don’t you know.  Let this serve as your reminder:  You are welcome to link up projects from your own counterfeit kit in any month; each month’s link table is not limited to that month’s kit.

Happy kitting (and scrapping too)!

4 comments:

  1. Liking your little kits. Can I come over and play with them? Good point about linking up not limited to current months kit. I thought it was so, but was not sure about it. Here's to seeing your quasi commitment turn into a stack of quality layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. It's so easy to get down on ourselves for getting "behind", even when it comes to our beloved hobby. Thanks for the inspiration and positive words! =)

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.